Miss USA Rima Fakih Talks About Her Partying

"Good Morning America" sat down with Miss USA 2010, Rima Fakih, to talk about her "bumpy year," which, of course, kicked off with her pole dancing photos and will hopefully end with some late-night partying last month, lest she make any major flubs during the final week of her reign.

Fakih told Robin Roberts, "I have to admit, I've had a few hiccups during my year and at times I've learned my lessons. I think I've grown so much this year, I'm proud to say that I am giving up my crown on June 19th. And that I still have a crown."

She added, "You have to look at the beginning of my reign, the attacks, the controversy that came up, I wasn't prepared for it. At first, it came up, 'You're the first Arab,' 'You're the first Muslim,' 'Do you think you're a real Miss USA?' Then you had the racy pictures which were really just a pole dancing class and portrayed as something else, and you went from body painting to the mosque controversy, and people didn't like the fact that I was on that WWE 'Tough Enough' reality show."

When asked if the masses should change how they look at pageant queens, Fakih explained, "A lot of people don't understand that Miss USA is just a real woman...she's a real human being who has her own opinion, who's an adult and can make some mature decisions. But you're right, though, staying out late, if you have work the next day, you should be responsible. But you have to look on the bright side, I wasn't doing anything illegal."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: